Whatever relaxes you can be your meditation. Even if it’s blasting hardcore music in your car, screaming out your emotions or screaming into a pillow. everyone deals in their own way.
I’ve been feeling blah, and trying to find ways to get my exercise in, so I could keep up with my kids. Exercise and I don’t get along for the most part. I’m not a morning person, so getting it done in the morning doesn’t work, and I want to try to be at home with my family as much as I can.
So my long days at work I’ll go to boxing classes and have been trying to do squats while brushing my teeth or while folding laundry. I’ve never realized how much squats can actually help, even if it’s just a little. I get bored very easily, so multitasking is the best for me. This post isn’t technically about exercising but about doing what you need to do for you, while taking care of others.
Two points that come to mind
#1 Find those little pockets of time that you could fill with something positive. Even if it’s just 1 minute, it’s a minute more than you were doing before, right?
#2 I’ll let you in on my quick, productive meditation exercise.
1. Find a quiet place (even if it has to be your car 😁).
2. Set an alarm for 1 minute.
3. In your head say “be calm, be still”
4. Breath regularly, if any thoughts try to come in your head positive or negative just try to refocus your attention to the positive statement “be calm, be still”
5. Reflect on your thoughts and feelings, once timer goes off.